Skip-A-Final

There is a new incentive for attendance for the 2019-2020 school year!  The administration at RCHS has a goal of 95% attendance rate for this year, and a way to keep students in school is the new Skip-A-Final incentive.  The Skip-A-Final incentive will let you skip one final if you have met some requirements. You must have at least a B average, cannot have any unexcused absences, no more than 3 excused absences, and no discipline referrals in the class.

Dr. Peek was the principal at Indian Creek High School, and she has had past experience with the Skip-A-Final program.  Peek stated, “The data showed well in attendance. After it went well the first year, we added on other awards.” Peek decided that it worked so well at her old school; she thought that RCHS could benefit from the program.

Dr. Peek stated that the reasoning behind the program is to help improve our attendance rates.  She states “Our attendance rate was just under 95% last year.” She went on to say that if the attendance rates were above 95%, we could become a 4-star school.

Peek states that there are many benefits to the program.  She claimed, “This program can take the stress off of the student if they have a hard final.” Peek went on to state that it will teach students to plan ahead have positive decision making.  She said that there are not many downfalls to the program. She explained that if you miss a half-day, then it would only count for 0.5 days in Harmony.  

If you have any questions about the incentive, send an email to Dr. Peek at [email protected], or to Mr. Mendoza at [email protected].  You can also visit the administrators in the main office.