Orme Named a Golden Owl Finalist

Blair Orme, RCHS Ag Teacher, has been recognized by Indiana FFA.

Harrison Wicker

Mr, Blair Orme

Harrison Wicker, Author

Blair Orme, Rushville FFA Advisor, was named a finalist for the Golden Owl Award.  The Golden Owl is sponsored by Nationwide Insurance, Farm Credit Mid-America, and Indiana FFA.  8 agricultural educators across Indiana have been chosen as finalists for the award. The Golden Owl Award was established to recognize the efforts that agriculture educators for their students inside and outside of the classroom.  Orme received $500 from Nationwide Insurance and a finalist plaque proudly displayed in his classroom.

“It was so rewarding to both nominate and name Mr. Blair Orme as a nominee for the Golden Owl”, said Nicholas Neuman, Indiana FFA Secretary, and a former student of Orme’s.  “He embodies the spirit of an agricultural education and being an FFA Advisor”.

Orme has been an educator at RCHS for 33 years. When current RCHS Senior and Rushville FFA member Zoe Mann heard about Mr. Orme’s accomplishments, she was excited.   She said, “The difference he has made in life and the person he has shaped me into the person I am today through his education.”  Cora Owens, a current Rushville FFA Senior, states that Orme impacted her by “being a listening ear…”  She says that he “has been there whenever I need encouragement, or even when I need [to be] reminded of my worth.  I will never forget his support and kindness…”

RCHS Principal Rob Hadley stated that Orme is “one of the most passionate and student-centered teachers that I have encountered in [his] 31 years in public education…”  He goes on to say that “Mr. Orme dedicates countless hours, way beyond any contract requirement to serve the needs of his students.”  Superintendent Dr. Matt Vance states that Mr. Orme has “always put his students first and has done so for 33 years at RCHS.”  Vance then states that “his program is a model for others around the state and is something for our school and community to be proud of.”

When the Golden Owl is awarded, the feeling is “Incredible”, stated Kourtney Otte current Indiana FFA State President. She went on to say “Reading people’s accounts of how impactful each advisor has been and continues to give a sense of peace knowing that the future of agriculture is being taught by such influential people.”

In June, the Golden Owl Educator will be announced at the 93rd Indiana FFA State Convention.  Congratulations, and best of luck to Mr. Orme!

Mr, Blair Orme (Harrison Wicker)