Broadcasting Students Attend IASB State Finals

Jacob Bentley, Contributing Author

Recently, the RCHS Broadcasting Department had students attend the IASB State Finals.  Jacob Bentley, Broadcasting Instructor, submitted the following press release:

On Monday, [March 14], the broadcasting students traveled up to University of Indianapolis for the Spring IASB Conference. To start off the day, all students attended breakout sessions led by some of the notable broadcasters in the state of Indiana. The students listened to speakers such as; Chris Denari, the Play-by-Play announcer for the Pacers, Chris Spangle the director of the Bob & Tom Show, and Rich Nye, Multimedia Journalist for WTHR-13. As an instructor, I was glad that the students were able to use this as a learning experience, and to learn from professionals around the state.
The students were anxious to see the results of the IASB contest. The short film placed third in the contest. The short film was submitted by Cameron Jackman, Sam Smith, Carter Tague, Makayla Queen, and many more students. Jensen Smith and Araceli Leon were also recognized as honorable mention for their Radio Talk Show. I was pleased to see the students be recognized for all their hard work. I think the students were able to take away what it takes to be even more competitive in the contest in the upcoming years. I think next year our media program will be able to be more competitive in the contest due to the experience that was gained from Monday. I know several students are eager to get back at it for next year’s competition.
Photos provided by Jacob Bentley are found below.
Great job Broadcasting Department!