2022 Rush County Lilly Scholarship Winner Announced

Harrison Wicker, Author

The Rush County Community Foundation announced the winner of the 2021 Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Winner on December 14th.

We would like to congratulate Carter Tague on being named the 2021 Lilly Scholarship Recipient!

Here is some information about the scholarship from the Lilly Endowment Website:

The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program is designed to help raise the level of educational attainment in Indiana, increase awareness of the beneficial roles Indiana community foundations can play in their communities and encourage efforts of Lilly Endowment Community Scholars to engage with each other and with state leaders to improve quality of life in Indiana.

The Endowment believes that education at all levels is important to the personal, civic and economic well-being of Indiana’s residents and communities. This program aims to encourage many of Indiana’s most talented students to attend one of the state’s higher education institutions and, ultimately, pursue careers in Indiana.

The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program is administered by the Independent Colleges of Indiana and includes significant participation by the community foundations serving each of Indiana’s 92 counties.

Key Elements of the Program:

• Full-tuition, required fees and book stipend for four years. (Does not pay room, board or travel expenses.)
  • Recipients may attend any public or private, Indiana four-year college or university accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
  • Applicants must have a high school diploma from an Indiana high school accredited by the State Board of Education or by a national or regional accreditation agency that is recognized by the State Board of Education.
  • Applicants must be residents of the state of Indiana.
  • Selection criteria, selection procedures and application due dates vary by county.
  • Recipients must pursue undergraduate study in a baccalaureate program on a full-time basis.
  • 143 scholarships are awarded annually.

Carter plans to attend Ball State University to major in Strategic Communications.

At RCHS, Carter participates in FCA, Band, Cheerblock, National Honors Society, Freshman Mentor, Student Council, Theater, Lions Live.  Carter plays soccer and runs track as well.

Photos are available for viewing below.  A link to the ceremony can be found here (https://youtu.be/cWv49dgqMdY?t=223)Congratulations Carter Tague – the winner of the 2022 Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship!