School Closure Updates

March 13, 2020

School Closure Updates

Attention Students & Staff:

Due to the recent concerns of COVID-19, Superintendent Matt Vance has announced the closure of all Rush County Schools starting Monday, March 16, 2020.  This closure will last until April 6, 2020.  The week of March 16 to March 20 will be an eLearning day.  Students, PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAILS!  This will be the main way of communication.  Teachers will be available each of these days to help with homework assignments.

Spring Break will still remain the same — no eLearning days.

Plans for the week of March 30 to April 2 will be determined at a later date.  Please keep an eye on information from Mr. Vance, Mr. Hadley, and other school administration.

Please take everything off of your locker before you leave today.  If it is not removed, it will be thrown away.  Custodians will be sanitizing all parts of your locker while we are on break.

Thank you for your cooperation in this tough time.

This article will continue to be updated as we receive new information from the school systems.  Please see below this story to view updates, as well as see other publications from Rushville Consolidated High School, or Rush County Schools.  Thank you.

School Closure Update — March 20, 2020 @ 3:30 PM

Good Afternoon:

Everyone should have received an email from Mr. Hadley with an attached letter from Mr. Vance.  Here is a summary of that letter:

• Return to school: Friday, May 1, 2020
  • Starting on March 30, we will have a new system for elearning days and waiver days:
    • Mondays and Fridays will be waiver days, so there will be NO eLearning.
    • Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays will be eLearning.
      • Will start after Spring Break.
  • School WiFi is now in parking lots!  Here is a list of where you can get free WiFi for your chromebook.  *You will not have to have a password — this is basically school WiFi!  The network name is RCSWIFI
    • Rushville Elementary School –> Front Parking Lot
    • Rushville Consolidated High School
      • Softball Diamond Side
      • Front Staff Parking Lot
      • Senior Parking Lot
      • Fitness Center Parking Lot
    • Benjamin Rush Middle School –> TRACK SIDE Parking Lot
    • Ag Building (1501 North Sexton Street) –> Front Parking Lot
    • Arlington Elementary School –> Front Parking Lot
    • Milroy Elementary School –> Front Parking Lot
  • Meal Distribution Program –> wait for further details from Mr. Vance
  • All offices and school properties are CLOSED over Spring Break

The RCHS Guidance Department has a Remind Chat out!  You can text @rchstalk to 81010, or go online at remind.com/join/rchstalk.

Keep an eye on this article!  Remember — if you have anything that would benefit to our students that could go in this article, please fill out the Google Form!  The link is https://forms.gle/GgZuGhVJqCsk7SL8A.

Thank you.

Have an Announcement?

If you have an announcement that would be suited for this article series, then please fill out this Google Form!  This will be helpful for getting information out to the public.

Thanks for your help!

School Closure Update – March 15, 2020

Tomorrow starts Day 1 of eLearning for Rush County School students.  It will be a RED DAY, so expect assignments from Blocks 1,3,5 and 7.  Assignments must be posted by 9:00 AM.  Check your emails, Google Classroom or Canvas (whichever your teacher uses) daily!  All of your assignments and email communication will be posted there.

Mr. Hadley’s tips include:

• Make sure that you have reliable internet access.
  • Have a dedicated study space and stay organized. It may be good to follow a normal school routine. Completing work in your PJ’s may make it harder to concentrate.
  • Eliminate distractions–From Netflix to social media, you will be faced with many distractions that can easily sidetrack your studies.
  • Have the required books and materials.
  • Ask for help when you need it—email specific teachers with questions.
  • Identify your learning objectives and goals, then build a study plan.
  • Review, revise, repeat…
  • Take study breaks.

Check back for more updates as they come available.

Please Note:  You MUST SUBMIT THE ASSIGNMENT REQUIRED FOR THE DAY, OR YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED ABSENT!  Attendance is based on completed assignments.  

School Closure Update — March 17, 2020

Happy St. Patrick’s Day, Students!

Today is a Black Day, which means that you have blocks 2,4, and 6.  Many teachers are requiring you to fill out an “Attendance Form”.  Please fill this out each day you have the class.

Make sure you are checking Google Classroom & Canvas (whichever your teacher uses) DAILY!  This will make sure that you get the accurate assignments done.  Mr. Hadley sent some tips out yesterday.  They are in the article above this one, but I will go ahead and include them in this one.

• Review, revise, repeat…
  • Take study breaks.

Have a good day!

School Closure Update — March 18, 2020

Happy Wednesday!  (No, this does not mean that you can end your eLearning at 2:45 😁)

Hope that eLearning is treating you well.  Make sure that you are getting all assignments for each class done, and you are filling out attendance forms.  Teachers are available all day during normal school hours (8:10-3:30).

It is a RED DAY, so have all assignments from Blocks 1,3,5, and 7 completed.

Check back tomorrow. for another update.  Just think, we are only 2 days away from Spring Break!!

Note, please share this article on Social Media!  This will help get the word out, and keep people in the know about what is happening at RCHS.  If you need a short URL for any reason, give the url of bit.ly/rchsschool out to your family, friends, and loved ones.

Have a good day!

School Closure Update — March 19, 2020

Happy Thursday, and HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING!  Hope you are having a great first week of eLearning!

Today is a BLACK day, so make sure that you have your assignments for blocks 2, 4, and 6 complete by the end of the day today for Attendance!

A couple of things to note today:

• The RCHS Refocus Room has a Google Classroom page now.  This page is run by Mrs. Doll, and she will be posting coping strategies, positive videos, and Brain Break ideas.  If you are interested in joining the Google Classroom page, enter code marbywr.
  • The Lions Snack Shack & Food Pantry will be open TOMORROW, March 20th.  Read the following instructions from Mr. Hadley:
    • “The Rush County Schools Food Pantry will be open Friday, March 20 from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PMWe are going to have a drive-thru food pantry. The pantry is located in Room 169 in the high school and can be accessed right off of Sexton Street.” (Email from Mr. Hadley)
  • Also keep in mind the information about the Meal Packs.  Dates and locations are below:
    • Friday, March 20th ………………..5-Day Meal Pack

Wednesday, April 1st ………………5-Day Meal Pack

Arlington:  …10:00-11:30

RES: ………….11:30-1:00

Milroy:………..1:00-2:3o

• Check your emails, Google Classroom, and Canvas DAILY!  This is the main form of communication.

Have a good one!

School Closure Update — March 19, 2020 — 2:50 PM

Good Afternoon:

We posted this morning’s update already — hope that you have read it.  We are now posting a VERY SERIOUS UPDATE THAT EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ!

Governor Holcomb signed an executive order today (Thursday, March 19,2020) that “All K-12 public schools will remain closed until at least May 1.  Holcomb also ordered all non-public schools to close.  The date for the closure could be extended through the academic year.” (wthr.com article) [Click Here to Read]

Also, “All state testing will be canceled for the academic year.” (Same WTHR Article).  This means that Round 2 of ISTEP for all Sophomores and Second Year Students has been canceled.

When an update comes out from Mr. Vance, we will be sure to post it here.

Thank you for reading this urgent update!

Check out these links!

Since we are all stuck at home, the library has asked me to post a couple of links.

From Ms. Monk (email in RED)

Good afternoon, Lions!

I hope everyone is staying healthy. Do you need a good book to read during this time of social distancing? Check out our eBook and Audiobook collection through Sora: 
Choose the school name from the drop-down box. Use your school username and password to log in. This is for students and staff alike!
Also, I am including another place to check out free eBooks: 
This company will be updating the list of free eBooks often so be sure to check this page out for new titles being added. 
Take care and happy reading! 
Be safe, stay home, and stay dry today:)

School Closure Update — March 20, 2020

Happy Friday!  It is THE LAST DAY BEFORE SPRING BREAK!

Today is a RED day, so get those assignments from blocks 1, 3, 5, and 7 done!  A)  You won’t be counted absent, and B) you don’t have to work on them over Spring Break!

Here are some announcements for today:

• The Food Pantry will be open today from 2:00 to 6:00 PM.  It is located by room 169, and is accessible right off of Sexton Street.  It will be a drive-thru pantry, so make sure to follow all instructions given to you by traffic control!
  • Meal Packs will be distributed today!  You can pick up a 5-day meal pack at Arlington from 10:00-11:30, behind RES from 11:30-1:00, and at Milroy from 1:00-2:30.  Please make sure to bring your student with you — you will not be given a meal pack if you do not have a student with you.  This will be a curbside system, so follow all directions!
  • Stuck inside?  The library has a TON of e-books available online!  Check them out at https://soraapp.com/welome/login/202605.  Choose your school name, and use your school username and password to login.  Another website is https://jlg.ipublishcentral.com/bookshelf.  You will have to create an account with them.
  • Remember that Rush County Schools is CLOSED UNTIL MAY 1.  If you have chromebook troubles, please email Mrs. Rodriguez at [email protected]  She may be of some assistance to you.

Remember to keep an eye on this article!  As more information comes out, I will be sure to continue to update it!

Have a great day, and have a good Spring Break!

Goodbye to some Foreign Exchange Students

Due to the concerns of COVID-19, some students participating in the Foreign Exchange Student program have had to end their time in Rushville earlier than they wanted to.  Four of the eight students said goodbye to their friends, and most importantly – their host families – on Friday, March 27th, as they headed out to the airport.  Those students were:

• Minto Noto from Japan
  • Keting Li from China
  • Phurin Chindapornipik from Thailand
  • Regina Perez-Talvera from Mexico

These students will be missed dearly.  Just because they left the US does not mean that you still can’t be friends with them!! Keep in touch with them through Social Media.  They will be happy to receive your messages.

Goodbye – we will miss you!

School Closure Update — March 31, 2020

Happy Tuesday!  Hope you all had a very enjoyable spring break!  Now, let’s get back at it:)

Today is a BLACK day, so you have assignments from blocks 2, 4, and 6.

Here are some reminders and announcements sent by school personnel.

• A calendar was sent out by Mr. Hadley yesterday to your school emails.  Please make sure to see that calendar.
  • There will be NO FINALS FOR 2nd SEMESTER, UNLESS IT IS REQUIRED FOR A DUAL CREDIT COURSE OR AN AP COURSE.
  • RCHS will have RUNNING GRADEBOOKS for the 2nd semester.  All grades for 3rd 9 weeks are the same.
  • Meal Pack Distribution will be every Wednesday in April, with the first one being tomorrow, April 1.
    • Locations and Times:
      • Arlington Elementary School – 10:00 to 11:30
      • Rushville Elementary School EAST and WEST (Rear Parking Lot) – 11:30 to 1:00
      • Milroy Elementary School – 1:00-2:00
  • If you need school WiFi, please see the top post underneath the first post of the article.  Under the “March 20th at 3:30” header
  • If you cannot find an eBook or Audiobook that you want, then Ms. Monk may be able to find it!  Go to http://rchs.rushville.k12.in.us/media-center, and fill out the Google Form.

Hope you all have an enjoyable day.

Have a good one!

School Closure Update – April 1, 2020

Happy April Fools Day!  I promise — this article will have NO jokes in it, just the facts!

Today is a RED day, so that means you have assignments from blocks 1, 3, 5, and 7 to do today.  Make sure you get those completed!  Teachers have been informed to start sending emails out to parents if you do not do your assignments.  Make sure to get them done!

A reminder that meal packs will be distributed today.  Below are a list of times and locations.

• Arlington Elementary – 10:00-11:30
  • RES East and West (Rear Parking Lot) – 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM
  • Milroy Elementary – 1:00-2:30

Make sure to get your meals today!

Have a great day, and get those assignments done!  Keep an eye on this article.  Updates will be posted as we get them.

Rushlite • Copyright 2020 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in