A New Face at RCHS

Welcome, Mr. Bryant!

Back to Article
Back to Article

A New Face at RCHS

Mr. Steve Bryant

Mr. Steve Bryant

Harrison Wicker

Mr. Steve Bryant

Harrison Wicker

Harrison Wicker

Mr. Steve Bryant

There is a new face around RCHS, and his name is Mr. Bryant!  Mr. Bryant is currently serving as the Interim Assistant Principal while Dr. Peek is covering for Mrs. Kaster.  Mr. Bryant is originally from the small town of Miamisburg, Ohio, which is about 20 minutes south of Dayton.  He graduated from Dayton Jefferson High School in 1969, then went to Manchester University to study history for his undergraduate degree.  He then transferred to Indiana University for graduate school and graduated with a degree in School Administration.

Mr. Bryant’s wife is a retired first (1st) grade teacher, while his son and daughter are both principals.  His son is a principal at Greenfield; his daughter at Centerville.  He has two grandchildren, and one chihuahua.

Mr. Bryant tells me that he loves how polite and kind the students at RCHS are.   He loves the courtesy that the students provide to him.

I asked him if he had a message that he would like to give to the students.  He states “They should [be] appreciative of the fact that there is so much to offer here [at Rushville High School].  This is not a big school or a small school.  This high school is geared towards what is best for kids.  I hope that students would appreciate this [as much as I do].”

Mr. Bryant will be here for the duration of this school year.  His office is always open for visitors, just make sure to schedule an appointment with him.  He wants to make an effort to meet every student in the school.  To see him, email [email protected].